Sweden Here I Come!

Sweden Here I Come!

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Farewell to President and Sister Newell!

Sunday was a really rough day for me health wise, so I was looking forward to Monday morning and reading an email from my favorite missionary.  His letters always give me a boost.  Monday morning came and I did have an email, but it was one sentence long:  "Hey mom, sorry but I'm going to have to email you guys tomorrow during open church hours, kind of a weird day today."  I only felt bad for a minute, and Monday was a much better day than Sunday.

The last few days I have spent hours on end working on this book.  I had great intentions of updating the blog, but when you are in the writer's mode you don't think of much else.  Last night at about 11:30 Blaine said, "Natalie, you haven't done Dallin's blog this week."  Oh my goodness, I had totally forgot all about it!  This morning I worked on the book some more and then made myself take a break.  I am so sorry this is late in coming.  I will try to do better next week but I can't make any guarantees.

Here is my letter to Aldste Milne this week (I just love him!  He makes my heart smile!):

I attached an article grandma read to me on letting go of offenses. I thought you might enjoy reading it. Sometimes our mortal minds can really get hung up on pretty ridiculous things that can have lasting consequences. Good things to keep in mind, especially when you are working along side of so many different people.

http://www.ldschurchnewsarchive.com/articles/57859/Let-it-go.html


Good Morning Aldste Milne!

I hope you are having a wonderful p-day so far today! On Friday I received your debit card in the mail - so I will put it in the mail to you today. Please let me know when you get it so I don't have to worry about it. Are you still surviving without it? Also, let me know what I need to do to help you get your driver's license. How has your week been? How are things working out with your new companion? Tell him that your parents will be in Denver July 9-12. Ask him if he would like us to say hello to his parents. How was zone conference with President Newell? What day does your new president arrive? I'm sure it will be an exciting transition for the mission. You will have to keep us posted on how that all works out. How are your friends this week? I hope you are making new friends and enjoying sharing the gospel with them. I pray for you and them daily. I bet the weather there is gorgeous. I am jealous. It has been miserable here. It is already over 100 degrees and we are still in June!



Mostly all that happened this week is baseball. The Legion team played a double header on Tuesday night against Desert Hills and lost both games. Then they traveled up North to play games on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. They played a Murray team on Thursday and then played in a Helper tournament Friday and Saturday. They were 4-1 up north so not too bad. Dad and Carter stayed Saturday evening and watched Keaton play on the Marshall's. They also watched him Sunday afternoon before returning home. They said he did great, but on Sunday he was hit by the pitcher right on the ankle during his first at bat and he didn't play the rest of the game. Dad and Carter also ran out of gas on the way home just 12 miles outside of Washington. I had to go bail them out. All in all they had a great time.


Ty and I stayed home because he had a baseball tournament up in Cedar City for the Utah Summer Games. Ty played awesome all weekend long. His hitting was amazing. He is also getting to play catcher more. He is really developing into a great baseball player. His team played for the bronze but lost. They were 4-2 for the tournament. Both games they lost were lost on silly errors so that was disappointing. Saturday night Ty went to a birthday party so I decided to go to dinner and a movie. I went to "The Fault in Our Stars". It was such a sad movie. It made me really depressed. It is about two kids that have cancer - 17 and 18 years old.

The only other news I can think of is that your Aunt Julie (Lewis) is pregnant. This will be their sixth child. She is amazing. I pray all goes well for her. She is 42 so there are always extra risks when you are older. I had a nice birthday. Dad and Carter had games that night so Dad, Carter, Ty, and I met for lunch at the Olive Garden. It was a nice, low-key day.

My health is a little improved but I still have bad days. Today (Sunday) was not such a great day. I am still trying to get my glucose under control and I have been exhausted all day. I went to meet with the bishop and my counselors for our monthly PPI and I had to leave early because I was shaking so bad. I meet with the doctor again tomorrow and hopefully he will have a few more pointers. I also hope he has some of my follow up lab tests back. Anyhow, it is frustrating to not have any energy, but somehow I am managing. I am completely frustrated with my body right now, but trying to keep a positive attitude. Good news for you in that I am not as long winded with my letters. I feel spiritually numb right now despite my efforts to be closer to the Spirit. That is just the way it goes sometimes. I am a little unhappy with the Lord right now. I am not blaming Him, but I am struggling to see the wisdom in allowing my situation. However, I do know that He knows what is best. So I will try harder to understand and be more patient.  

 I have worked hard on the book all week, so at least I can feel like I am accomplishing something. Dr. White is dating a guy that works at the MTC. He helps in developing new programs for the missionaries to implement in the mission field. He and Dr. White stopped by and brought me a birthday gift. Nanette, Candace, and Courtney also stopped in on my birthday and brought a gift. They were down here finding housing for Candace. She is excited to come to school down here in the fall. It sounds like Devan is doing pretty well in Colorado as a salesman. He is making pretty good money.

Well Dallin, I hope you are happy, safe and well. Take care of yourself and let me know if you need anything. I can put it in with your debit card. Stay obedient and keep up the great work. We are all so proud of you. You are always in our thoughts and prayers. As usual dad has fallen asleep. Aunt Kim called just before we were going to write you, and then grandma called. They send their love. By the time I got off the phone with grandma dad was out cold. Dad is doing well and seemed to enjoy his few days off of work. He really is enjoying coaching. It keeps him busy. The garden has suffered because of it, but it is worth it. Love you so much Dal! Be good!

Love you to the moon and back,

Mom


Aldste Milne's Letter This Week:

Käre familj,

First off, I got quite the surprise this last week. On Tuesday we were in Malmö for a zone conference and we got a phone call from the karlskrona police department saying that someone had returned my wallet! Apparently they just put it in a mail box and the mail guys sent it to the station. Everything was in it too! Even the 1 dollar bill haha. So I'm glad that I don't have to worry about having to get a new drivers license and swedish residency card, that was going to be a big mess. Thanks for sending the debit card, that'll will be fine I don't need anything else besides your thoughts, prayers, and a little money every now and then ;) and thanks for the "let it go" document, that's a really good message to keep in mind.

Anyways so this week was pretty interesting. Like I said we had a zone conference on tuesday and it was also like a farewell to President and Sister Newell. They sure are something else. President will be leaving some pretty big shoes for the new guy to fill. President Newell also did interviews and when he interviewed me it was probably the biggest spiritual experience of my life. I'll have to tell you about it when I get home, it was unbelievable. (I quickly emailed Dallin back and told him to make sure he recorded this experience in his journal.  He emailed right back and said, "Don't worry mom, I did that right when we got back to Karlskrona.)  So yeah they will be leaving this Saturday and that is also when the new President will be arriving. On July 3rd we'll be going to Göteborg for like a mission introduction for the new President or whatever so that'll be cool. Then wednesday and thursday were pretty average proselyting days. On Friday and Saturday though we spent most of our time with members celebrating mid sommer's day. It's apparently a really big deal in Sweden haha.

Midsummer, also known as St John's Day,[1] is the period of time centered upon the summer solstice, and more specifically the Northern European celebrations that accompany the actual solstice or take place on a day between June 21 and June 25 and the preceding evening. The exact dates vary between different cultures. Because he was believed to have been born on that day, the Christian Church designated June 24 as the feast day of the early Christian martyr St John the Baptist, and the observance of St John's Day begins the evening before, known as St John's Eve. These are commemorated by many Christian denominations.[2] Midsummer is especially important in the cultures of Scandinavia, and the Baltics. In Sweden the Midsummer is such an important festivity that there have been serious discussions to make the Midsummer's Eve into the National Day of Sweden, instead of June 6. It may also be referred to as St. Hans Day.

^from wikipedia haha

A little bit of bad news is that we will not be having a baptism this Saturday any more. Our friend went out of town to see some family for mid summers so she wasn't able to come to church and you have to be in church twice before baptism. So we have to put a little hold on that but it will happen eventually Lord willing. Other then that I don't have much else to talk about as far as the work is concerned. We are kind of in a dry spell. Investigators have fallen off the table and we are having a hard time finding new ones. It happens though, ups and downs. So we are just trying to stay patient and diligent.

Its good to hear that everything is going well with baseball and that the boys are having a good time. It makes me sick hearing about your situation though mom, I'm sorry that you have to go through all of that. I pray that things will start to get better for you. That is cool to hear about the book though, when do you think that it will be finished? That is exciting about Aunt Julie too! Wow number 6! They are really getting a job done, as dad would say it haha. Glad to hear about the Morgensen family as well, be sure to tell them hi for me.

The spiritual thought for this week is going to come out of the old testament.

2 Kings 2:

23 And he went up from thence unto Beth-el: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

25 And he went from thence to mount Carmel, and from thence he returned to Samaria.
Don't ever make fun of a prophet of God. Respect them and give heed to their counsel. amen.


Love you guys! Take care


Elder Milne
This Week's Pictures:





Saying Good-bye to President and Sister Newell
 

 
Beautiful Karlskrona!  The weather is perfect right now!
 
 
 Zaugg is the Man




No comments:

Post a Comment