Sweden Here I Come!

Sweden Here I Come!

Friday, November 21, 2014

Still Waiting!!!

This time it is not my fault this post is so late.  We received only a short email from Dallin on Monday because their p-day was overbooked and he promised to send one on Wednesday during open church.  Well, he didn't, so I will just post my and Blaine's emails and Aldste Milne's very short one.  At least we know he is still alive.  There are a lot of changes being made this week and he is getting a new companion so I will excuse him this time. 

My good friend Becky Tebbs from Cedar City took her son to the MTC this week.  He is serving in North Carolina.  She definitely has that missionary mom glow.  I am so excited for her, but in talking with her it also stirred up a lot of feelings that I have been to busy to experience lately.  I really do miss Dallin.  There is a continual void in my life that can only be explained by his absence.  Thank goodness for Monday emails (even if they are short).  They serve to temporarily fill the void, but it is never completely filled nonetheless.  I am already looking past Thanksgiving and onto Christmas because then we can Skype with Dallin and see his handsome face and hear his incredible testimony.  I can't overlook Thanksgiving too much I suppose.  I am having about 25 family members at my house for the entire weekend.  I really am excited for this, but it does make me miss Big "D" even more.

Here is Blaine's email for the week:

Hola Elder Milne,


Well,  Dallin, Meryl Haggard sings, "If we make it through December, everything is going to be alright I know".  "It's the coldest time of winter,"  and on the song goes.

Well, you are now facing another very cold winter in Sweden.  I don't envy you a bit.  Hopefully your missionary work will keep the fires burning and keep you warm.

Everything here seems to be going OK.  I took Grandpa Milne's name to the temple and did his endowment last week.  Your mom, Glenda, Luke and Megan also went through during the session. 

Keaton signed officially at BYU last week to play baseball.

Your mom is busy doing her coursework at SUU and preparing her application to BYU.

Your brothers are doing ok.  I am very proud of them.

Take care ol' buddy.

Love,

Blaine Milne


Here is my email this week:

1 Corinthians 6:19:  What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Dear Dallin,

How are you?  Happy P-Day!  I pray this finds you happy, well, and staying safe and warm.  The scripture I share today is from Paul of course.  In a letter to the Corinthian saints he teaches a powerful principle about our bodies.  We have always been taught that our bodies are a temple, but Paul indicates clearly that our body is THE temple of the Holy Ghost.  What do we know about THE temple?  We know that the temple is a holy place, a very sacred place, a place of love and beauty.  It is a place where we go for instruction and revelation, a place where sacred covenants are made, and a place where we can feel the love of God in abundance.  If you liken these things to our bodies it brings on a whole new concept of our bodies.  Our bodies are sacred and holy. They are beautiful, amazing and an entity in which we are able to feel and express love.  An entity that is designed to receive instruction and revelation from our father, make sacred covenants with, and feel the amazing love of our Heavenly Father.  Paul goes on to teach us that it is the place that it is for the Holy Ghost to dwell in, and that God gave us our bodies as well as the Holy Ghost as sacred gifts.  He then closes the scripture reminding us that these bodies our not our own.  The scripture references 1 Corinthians 7:23 in which Paul tells us that we are bought with a price.  Through the Atonement we can be resurrected and wash cleaned from our sins.  I love this entire concept.  It is amazing how starkly the Lord's concept of our bodies differs from that of the worlds.  As you teach the people of Sweden, let them know what a wonderful gift the Lord has given us in our bodies.

This week has been amazing.  On Tuesday night Dad and I went to the temple with Aunt Glenda, Luke, and Megan to do Grandpa Glen's temple work.  The Spirit was so strong.  Dad had a very special experience as he received the Melchizidek Priesthood for Grandpa and had his washings and anointings performed.  The endowment was very special as well.  You could really sense that Grandpa had prepared himself to receive this sacred work.  The prayer that was said in the prayer circle was amazing.  It was one of the most unique prayers I have ever heard, and it spoke directly to our purpose for being there that night.  We lingered in the Celestial room for a long time afterward visiting with one another and basking in the Spirit that was so strong.  It was certainly like being in Heaven.  I love the temple.

On a different note, and somewhat disappointing, Pine View football lost to Dixie in the semi-finals.  The kids I'm sure were heart broken.  They had to play at the University of Utah in the snow.  Good news though, Carter made the basketball team.  His leg is holding up and he is really excited about the season.  I hope the coaches will give him the respect he deserves.  Ty had a wooden bat tournament this weekend and went 2-2.  He is also getting excited about basketball.  It will be a fun season to go through this year.  Dad is still working hard of course, and school is keeping me extremely busy - but I really do love it.  Sunday night was our Young Women in Excellence program.  So I have been preparing for that all week.  Sunday morning I made over 100 rain drop sugar cookies, and I had also ordered 12 dozen cloud cupcakes that I had to sprinkly rain drops on.  The theme was based on President Uchtdorf's talk that he gave at the General Women's meeting in September called "Living the Gospel Joyfully." He talks about how the Lord is waiting to rain down blessings upon us, but often we need to remove our umbrellas in order to receive them.  I have amazing leaders and unbelievable young women.  It was really a great night. Today, Monday, I have a presentation and a stats test, so here I am at 4:30 am writing you a letter and making last minute preparations.  My life is too busy!!!  The good news is that my health has been great.  I am constantly amazed how the Lord continues to bless me with strength well beyond my own.  Another fun thing we did this weekend was attend a benefit dinner for the BYU Management Society.  Luke and Megan invited us. It was a formal dinner with a guest speaker.  They did a silent auction for some BYU basketballs signed by this year's BYU basketball team.  Dad was the highest bidder on one of the balls so I guess that we will give it to Carter for Christmas.  It was a fun evening and we saw and visited with several people that we know. 

Well Dallin, I need to get to studying so I will let you go.  Please let me know how this week went.  What was the highlight of your week?  How is the work going?  How much longer will you and Elder Van Alfen be companions.  Do any of the members celebrate Thanksgiving?  Oh, RC Thurston says to tell you hello!  He had to return home a month early from his mission to have surgery on his knee.  He looks great and gave a really nice homecoming speech last Sunday.  Hang in there Big "D".  You are amazing.  Keep up the great work.  You should have your prescription hopefully by the end of the week.  Is there anything else that you  need?  Take care of yourself and stay warm.

Love you to the moon and back!

Smiles,

Mom

Aldste Milne's Short but Sweet Email:


Hello everyone.

Kind of a crazy p day.  haven't had to much time on the computer.  I'll finish my email home later when we are in here for open church on wednesday.

with love
Elder Milne
 
No Pictures.....  He better make up for it next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment