Sweden Here I Come!

Sweden Here I Come!

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Joyful Reunion!

I love receiving emails from my favorite missionary every Monday!  This one was especially great!  I could really feel Dallin's spirit and his joy.  There are few things in the world that compare to the joy of missionary service, especially when you are able to come full circle with the fruits of your labors. That is exactly what happened this week for Aldste Milne. As you will read, he was able to reconnect with Olle and Daniel this week at a District Conference in Umea his very first area.  I also received a nice letter from Lisbeth Grayson from Umea.  I am so excited because we may have the opportunity to connect with the Grayson family in June as they travel through Utah.  Isn't exciting to have friends on the other side of the world! Countless blessings come from having a missionary in the field - thank you Dallin, and thank you Heavenly Father.

This Weeks Letters:

"The word of God, as found in the scriptures, in the words of the living prophets, and in personal revelation, has the power to fortify the saints and arm them with the Spirit so they can resist evil, hold fast to the good, and find joy in this life." - President Ezra Taft Benson

"And whoso would hearken unto the word of God, and would hold fast unto it, they would never perish; neither could the temptations and the fiery darts of the adversary overpower them unto blindness, to lead them away to destruction." - 1 Nephi 15:24

Dear Dallin,

How are things going this week?  I received a nice email and picture today from Lisbeth Grayson from Umea.  She was so excited to see you at the district conference.  You looked great in the picture with their family.  I will post the letter and photo on the blog.  She said that your Swedish is excellent...  Way to go big "D"!

I shared those two quotes today because they are from the Relief Society lesson that I taught in church this week.  I loved the lesson.  It is taken from one of the very first talks that President Benson gave as the prophet.  He was such a champion of the scriptures - particularly the Book of Mormon - and the power and blessings that would come into our lives by holding onto the Iron Rod (Word of God).  Daily scripture study is more important today than ever before.  We need all the extra help that we can get.  It doesn't mean that we will no longer have temptations or that the adversary will leave us alone, but it does mean that we will be impervious to those fiery darts and temptations.  We will recognize them for what they are and have the power to overcome them.  This is an incredible promise and blessing.  I have a testimony of this in my own life.  I love the scriptures and the words of the prophets and apostles.  I am also grateful for the personal revelation that comes through the power of the Holy Ghost as I read the scriptures or listen to the words of our latter day prophets.  The Holy Ghost shows me how these teachings apply specifically to me.  Remember as Nephi of old taught:  The words of Christ will tell us and the Holy Ghost will show us all things that we should do (2 Nephi 32).

This week was a fun week.  PVHS had two big wins over Dixie.  Carter came in and slammed the door in the first game.  He had two strikeouts (Drew Bailey and Cody Hutchings) and he popped up Collin Hutchings.  It was awesome to see him pitch so well.  He did give up one hit to his old buddy Chance Vowell.  Ty has been going to open gym for basketball this week and is loving that.  I have just been holding down the fort, doing some more research and writing, and dad is working like crazy and spending every other waking moment consumed in baseball.  

We are moving closer to making decisions on this old adobe house.  This week we have determined that we will add on a master bedroom and bath and extend the kitchen, and we will also put in a swimming pool, hot tub, a batting cage and sports court.  I am going to the bank tomorrow and will also be soliciting quotes on pools and sports courts.

Carter had his mission physical and dental exam this past week.  Dad did some dental work on him and Uncle Gary yesterday.  Carter still needs to get his wisdom teeth out - not sure when that will happen.  Uncle Gary will be helping us with the addition on the house.  Gary is always a lot of fun.  He also asks about you every time we talk with him.  You have a lot of family that really love and miss you.  

Not much else going on.  I don't hear much from the rest of our family.  As far as I know everyone is doing well.  How are you this week?  It sounds like you and Elder Larsen are working hard and having some success.  Is it warming up at all?  How are the members treating you there?  What is your favorite Swedish food? Here is something that will blow your mind....  Your baby brother Ty will be 15 in September and will be wanting to get his learner's driving permit. Now that is a scary thought.  He is growing up way too fast.  Carter is also having a hard time deciding when to put his availability date.  He was pretty pumped to go right away, but today he has been missing you and he really wants to see you so I don't really know what he will decide to do.  Say a little prayer for him.  He is a great kid and just wants so badly to do the right thing.

Well Dallin, take care of yourself.  Keep up the great work and continue to press forward in faith and righteousness.  May the Lord continue to bless you with success, health, and His Spirit.  

Love you to the Moon and Back,

Mom

This is Blaine's Letter.... He sent it Monday morning after we received Dallin's email so I don't think he has seen it yet.

Hi Elder Milne,

It is sure nice to read your letter this morning along with your mom's.  I love to read your love for each other and how much love and success you both have for the word and work of God. I am one lucky guy to have both of you in my life.

I am sure happy for you having  been able to participate in Olle's priesthood ordinance and to have been able to witness that.  It is wonderful to hear that Daniel is doing so well too.  I am very impressed with Sister Grayson and her wonderful family.   I am tickled pink about how things have gone.  The scripture states that the Lord's work is one eternal round.  That is what comes to mind for me as you tell me of this past experiences in Umea.

For me it shows through the Holy Ghost that having dwelt in a tent in Sweden you have followed the Words of Prophets and are experiencing the promises that Living by every word that proceedeth forth from the mouth of God a true disciple will experience prosperity.  Not the prosperity that the world might think would come but the prosperity of being blessed of our Father in Heaven and his bounteous blessings he has hid up for you.

I love you Dallin and only hope you will be kept safe and hid up unto the Lord for us as we approach your return unto the House of your Fathers.   (the old adobe Milne home,  Amanda and Athole, marriage September 19, 1901 St. George Temple)

Yours Always

Dad Milne

Dallin's Letter this Week:

Hey guys,

Wow it's been one heck of a week.  I'm not sure where to start.  We had so much to do every day this last week, it made the week fly by.  Mon-Fri was full of missionary work.  A lot of teaching, didn't have a lot of time to do finding (I wasn't mad about that haha) and a lot of driving.  Our area is so big and spread out so we spend a lot of time in the car.  I swear we listened all the way through our cd mix of tab choir and Lord of the Rings soundtrack at least 100 times last week.  Right now, I am not legal to drive in Sweden because our drivers licenses from the states are only legitament for one year in the country.  So elder Larson does all the driving.  President and Sister Beckstrand flew up on friday for interviews and it was nice to chat with them.

But as you guys could have guessed, the highlight of the week was spending the weekend in Umeå for district conference.  I can't find the right words to describe how cool it was to see everyone again.  Olle and Daniel were both there and they were doing so good.  During the sunday session, I was sitting next to Olle and during the announcements the district president called his name, asked him, to stand, and said that he had been interviewed and was to recieve the melchizedek priesthood.  After the meeting I was able to stand in the circle when he was ordained an elder.  I can't even say how special that was for me.  He told me that he is done with schooling and is now saving up to be on a mission by the end of the year.  He is a stud.  Daniel is doing very good also.  We talked a lot and he is still just as nice as ever, going around talking to everyone about everything.  Daniel has been traveling a lot and was on a game show in Göteborg and made it pretty far.  He knows just about everything about everything.  When we were teaching him he already knew more about the church then I did haha.  Seeing all the good families, like the Graysons, was awesome too.  Sister Grayson is a saint.  She took such good care of us when I was there for thanksgiving and christmas.  She is always all the missionaries favorite.  Such a nice family.  They said they are planning on taking a trip to the states and that they might be driving through st george.  They said if they did that they would love to meet you guys.  I told them that you would love that!  Wow I was so blessed to have been able to serve there.  Umeå will always have a special place in my heart.  

But hey, Luleå is pretty great as well.  I haven't gotten to know the members too well here yet because 2 of the 3 sundays here have been general conference and district conference.  We don't get dinners too often here either but I'm sure that's just because everyone is so spread out.  Technically our area is Boden, the sisters work in Luleå.  Boden is about a 30 minute drive northwest of Luleå.  There's not a lot to do in Boden (except for missionary work of course) so we are able to stay pretty focused haha.  The sun is starting to come out and the snow and ice is melting away.  I love the cool fresh air up here.  It is very pretty here right now.

Anyways, that sounds exciting about the adobe house.  That'll be quite the project.  But hey talk is cheap, I'll believe it when you guys break ground haha.  When I read your email, I had to stop and double check what I read when I came across Ty and the driving permit.  Hahaha I couldn't believe what I had read!  That is crazy!  What is happening!?  Wow.  Haha he'll be great.  And Carter is a stud.  I've always been impressed with his spiritual maturity.  I'm sure that he will be able to make the right decision.  But I can't lie, I want him to be home really bad when I get off that plane.

I like what you wrote about the the word of God.  It is all about holding on to that rod of iron as we go through this life test.  I've grown a passion for reading the scriptures, especially the New testament.  Mormons bok är ju bra men I love reading the gospels and the epistles.

Keep up the good work Mom, du är overklig!  I can't wait to skype you guys for mothers day!

Love
Dallin

This Week's Pictures:


Olle and Daniel at the District Conference


The Grayson Family 


Dallin and Daniel....  It doesn't matter what I do, I can't get the picture to rotate.  I save it right side up, but when it transfers for some reason it does this!


Ride back to Lulea with the Sister Missionaries....  Same problem with this picture.  I rotated it and saved it right side up but it still comes out like this.  Dallin, quit sending them upside down.  Help someone who knows what to do!


The Ice is Starting to Melt





No comments:

Post a Comment