Sweden Here I Come!

Sweden Here I Come!

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Quick Update!

Dear Followers,

I am so sorry to keep you waiting.  Needless to say, my life has been absolutely crazy as of late.  I just returned from a ten day trip to Colorado looking at job opportunities for Blaine, and I have been working on my book every spare second that I have as well.  Good news with that is it is nearing completion and we have already sent several chapters to the editor.  I am finishing up the final chapter this weekend.

Anyhow, as far as Dallin is concerned he is doing well. His diagnosis as of now is that he is still healing from the effects of a virus that lodged in his lower intestines and caused his stomach issues, a low white cell count, and hypoglycemia.  He has had several doctor visits since his return on Monday, September 7th.  The hematologist confirmed that it was most likely a virus, but if his white cell count hasn't improved considerably over a two month period then he will want to do a bone marrow biopsy.  Dallin had some swelling in his neck that the hematologist attributed to the virus. The biggest obstacle he has is the hypoglycemia.  He has to eat every 2 hours, and when I say eat, I mean eat a lot, especially proteins.  I have never seen anyone eat so much in my life.  He is slowly gaining weight, but at the rate he is eating you would think he would be at least 200 pounds by now. He has gained about eight pounds since returning home, so that is a good sign.

When I get a few extra minutes (hopefully soon) I will post some pictures of his homecoming and his family dinner.  Thank you for your patience!

Warm Regards,

Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment